Monday, November 3, 2008

The Election

Now I don't think I've really gone into politics on my blog. My reason for this is probably the same reason I didn't bring up Halloween. Some of you most likely see different than me and up until now I haven't felt the need to bring it up. But on the eve of such a substantial election I just can't help myself.

My family is voting for John McCain (or should I say my parents since I am not old enough to vote).

Do we agree with everything John McCain is/says? No. Was he our first choice? Um, you'd better believe he wasn't.

Then why are we voting for him you ask?

Some people say it is like trying to decide between the lesser of the two evils. I don't see it that way.

I agree with the person who said, "The biggest reason to vote for John McCain is Barrack Obama."

Really, I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but have you studied up on this man lately?

Please don't call me racist, anyone who knows me can vouch for the fact that aside from abortion racism has been the issue I have cared about the most. My mother is from a small southern town, I know about racism. I think it would be great to have a black president. But not this one.

This man is just not Presidency material. Period.

People, you have a few choices to make tomorrow.

Vote for Barrack Obama and I assure you, you'll see change. What kind? He hasn't cared to inform us just yet. I think he's waiting for the opportune moment, I don't know, maybe once he's seated in the oval office.

Sit home and throw your vote away. If this is your decision don't keep on whining if things in our country don't go your way, you had your chance.

Vote for someone who has no hope of winning. I don't care if they would make a better president. Heck, I could name a whole lot of people who would make better presidents then either Barrack Obama or John McCain. But none of them stand a chance.

Or vote for John McCain. Don't forget, Sarah Palin goes with him.

I'm really sorry if I offend anyone. That was not my intention in the least. But I can't keep quite now and regret it later. Please vote. Keep our country in the hands of the people.

Remember, Cuba voted for change 50 years ago... (Just ask your grandpa.)

Oh, and I just have to add the most important thing. Pray. Pray for our country, for our leaders. And trust in the Lord. For His will, WILL be done!


PS

Please check out the newest post on this blog: http://thetimeisrightacts1726.blogspot.com/

And, check out this movie. It is AMAZING. I wanted to cry/laugh/scream, and I got chills. Personally I think it pertains to this whole post anyway. Plus GodTube is showing it for free (for a limited time!): http://www.godtube.com/comewhatmay

7 comments:

Sarah said...

That is the best post I've seen anyone write!!

GO MCCAIN!!! I agree with literally EVERYTHING you said in that post!

Neither McCain or Obama are good canadites (that's what I think as well as my family) but McCain would be a MUCH better president than Obama.

In fact (before I even started reading this post) I turned on the tv to a channel where McCain was giving a speach (I'm still watching).

I got a female sugar glider Thursday, and I MIGHT name her Palin and get a boy and name him McCain :P

I wish I could vote *sigh*

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MangyCat said...

I'm not saying how I'm voting because I'm not one to publicly talk about politics. But I wanted to let you know that this was very well said and respectful. :o)

Danielle Diez - Maiden of Emmanuel said...

Woohoo!!!
John McCain!!
lol, this post was really good, and I think I might just add another post about today's election.... :D I dunno yet, but there's something I want to say that I don't think anybody has really thought about...

:D

Bryce said...

Thank you all. :)

Zhorseluver said...

Go Bryce!!!!!!!

You could be a good debater!

Zhorseluver said...

Bryce I hope you don't mind,

Guys I was so inspired by Bryce's blog I made one of my own:

http://horses-always.blogspot.com/

Check it out please and if you like it feel free to follow it and to comment.

It's not as good as Bryce's blog,
But I'm hoping one day it will be!