Monday, December 1, 2008

It Was SO Totally Not Me

Well it's officially December. That means Christmas is right around the corner! Wow, I just can't believe how this holiday season has managed to sneak up on me. Not only is today December 1st (25 days till Christmas baby!), but it's also Monday, December 1st, 2008. So in honor of this bight and sunny (here in Florida anyway) December afternoon, and in honor of all you wonderful readers who I have managed to neglect in the past month, I'm going to write my first ever Not Me Monday post. What is this Not Me Monday? Well it's an ingenious blog carnival created by MckMama over at mycharmingkids.net. If you've never read her blog you'd better head over there right this second! She has me wetting my britches (*gasp* I can't believe just wrote that on my public blog!) I laugh so hard at her posts... every single time. And her kids are just so darn cute, so forget about my post, you can always come back to little ol' me later. Go. Now.

If you're still reading this and I somehow managed to keep just a few of you entertained, huzzah for me! So even if the chances are slim that anyone is actually still reading my rambles I'd better finish up... you know, just encase.

_________________________________________________




First off I just want to make sure and let you all know that Saturday I did NOT go into the 29th day of National Novel Writing Month (a.k.a. the day before the last day) with less than 40,000 words (because I'm just to much of a schedule following perfectionist to even dream of doing something like that). Besides, if had done something like that (which I didn't, so don't worry), it would only go to show all of you just how simply pathetic I really am.

I also did NOT whine and groan and complain all month about how busy I am as a writer, which if I had it would have helped me get out of a whole lot of less important stuff... You know the ones I'm referring to, stuff like chores and school, commitments and this blog. All that junk. But it also would have proven the fact that I really am quite the pathetic procrastinator... that's why I didn't do it. Well one of the reasons at least. The other has to do with me being something akin to perfect...

Oh and just so you know, yesterday I did NOT procrastinate on writing my last 4,000 words for for NaNoWriMo until a few hours before the end of November. 'Cause if I had done that it would have shown everyone just how fast I can write if I really want to. And I most certainly wouldn't want that

And just to make sure this is 100% clear... I most certainly DID NOT purposely refuse to write the last 16 words I needed to finish NaNo for hours just so I could write about it on all of my online statuses. I would never do something that low. Never.

Well I'm glad I got all that off my chest! I'm so happy I finally got up the courage to admit to all of my fantastic blog readers just how unbelievable perfect I really am.

________________________________________________


Oh and while I'm writing this post I'd better take the time to fill you in on the poll results.


Would You Call Yourself A Writer?

68% of you guys are fellow writers. Huzzah! Now, unofficial question... How many of you did NaNo???

16% of you have interest in writing, but you're not sure you want to give it a try. Trust me YOU DO! If you guess have any specific reasons why you're "scared" to give writing a go comment or shoot me an e-mail. I'd love to encourage all of you!

8% of you all think you're just wannabes. Well let me tell you right now... join the club! Most of us think we're just wannabes at one time or another. Trust me on this one though... YOU'RE NOT! Send me a message fellow wannabe, I'd love to chat with you about your wonderful potential as a future AUTHOR.

8% of you simple refuse to give writing a try. WHAT!?!?! Come on guys, get a life! Kidding of course, I know tons of people who simple aren't going there, and I love 'em anyway. If you have the time though, leave me a comment. I'd love to know why you're "not even going there".

3 comments:

Robin Bair said...

wow....you seem like an awesome young lady. I'm a mom of boy/girl 6 month old twins. what advice can you give me? :)

Danielle Diez - Maiden of Emmanuel said...

That was an awesome post! I couldn't stop laughing--especially at that last one you DIDN'T do.

Psh. We all know the truth!! You just can't be as perfect as me, you NosyRosy, Rude Jude, and Smirky Jerky. :D

Bryce said...

Robin- Thank you so much. Boy/girl twins are awesome! (Not that identical twins aren't. Bookie, that was for you. :D) I've always been grateful I had a twin brother instead of a twin sister, mostly because I don't think I'd be able to handle having a sister the same age as me, and because I LOVE having a almost big brother who I can still boss around. lol :D So much fun! We're also really great friends (I'm great friends with all of my siblings, but it's different when the sibling is the same age as you). Of course, we have plenty of friendly competition when it comes to school, and other activities, but we're always around to encourage and help each other out too. Well, I could go on and on, but this comment is getting rather long... So, if you have any specific question's you'd like me to answer feel free to e-mail me. twinforgod@comcast.net

Bookie- *sigh* Yes, I know... Like I've said before, it's a dream of mine... lol :D