Today I feel the urge to inform you of a very true and important fact. I have the best mother in the world. Don't try to argue, because I'm sure you are all convinced that your mothers are equally good or better than mine. But I beg to differ.
My mom has to perform new and amazing feats every day.
She has to cope with all four of us (and if you knew my brothers and sister you would know just how difficult that can be, I mean, I'm perfect, but the rest of them... *shakes head*).
And not only does she have to do the normal everyday chores around the house like taking care of the family (and the pets, because somehow that job always ends up on her shoulders too) by washing, scrubbing, folding, cooking, and more washing, scrubbing, folding, cooking... and did I mention washing (the laundry is a never ending cycle at our house). But, she also cares about us all so much that she sacrifices her time every single day by staying home and schooling us.
Some days she doesn't feel like she can do it all. She feels incompetent to even have kids, much less to try and be their primary teacher. But I can honestly tell you, she is the best thing (even in her imperfections, because seriously, who is perfectly great at everything?) that could ever happen to us (not trying to leave you out of this dad, but it's mom's time in the spotlight).
When God gave kids to their parents to love, and train up in the way they should go, He wasn't joking.
Sure, none of us are perfect. We all make mistakes, and we all need help in life... God didn't put us here all alone for a reason.
Sometimes we all feel worthless too, we feel like we just can't keep on in this life for one more moment. It's at these times that we want to scream at the Lord, "Just take me now!".
But there is hope for everyone. God's light is shining just around the bend. He is ready to lead us out of every valley.
Some days we might feel like shipping our homeschooled kids off to school because of our inability to understand much less teach our high schoolers that next math lesson. Or you might want to just give up completely on our ability to parent when teaching your six year old character is a feat that seems simple impossible, and temper tantrums of epic proportions are your only reward for doing your very best to grant that same child the gift of reading. Your fifteen year old son seems to have no plan for the future, instead all he seems to care about is goofing off with his friends. Your 5th grader hates reading with a passion... and the possibility of disappearing into a book is the one things that seems to get you through some days.
It is okay.
There is hope.
You are not alone.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4
Through every valley the Lord will sustain us.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6
A while ago I wrote a post entitled "Bring the Rain". Check it out here: http://atwinforgod.blogspot.com/2008/05/bring-rain.html
"How often do we learn patience through times of suffering? God makes no mistakes, yet His purposes are often too deep for afflicted men to comprehend. We must learn to trust Him explicitly, as One who does all things well. No circumstances are so dark that God's presence cannot make them light, and even in the most adverse circumstances, God can fill our hearts with overflowing joy."
Mrs. T.M. Constance
God is great, but sometimes life ain't good.
Mom, if you're reading this I just want you to know, I LOVE YOU! You are the best mom in the world. God never makes mistakes. He put you where you are with us crazy kids for a purpose. Don't blame yourself for things that simple aren't your fault. Put on a brave face and keep on truckin'.
Trust in the Lord.
My mom is the best (it's just us kids who mess up her amazingly perfect image sometimes).
So don't even try to argue.

No comments:
Post a Comment