Monday, May 4, 2009

Changes in the Air



If I said I was really sorry, and that I feel unbelievably terrible about my prolonged blogging absence would you forgive me?

Didn't think so, but at least I tried.

My blog feels like just another one of my many broken promises.

Oh! Will I never loose my flair for all things extremely, totally, and utterly melodramatic?

But I do feel terrible, that's the truth. Blogging has always been something I enjoyed... and reading over some of my past posts I've come to a realization. I started this blog essentially for me, back before I'd ever heard of "readerships" or any of that jazz, back before I even cared about who read my blog, and who liked it. I wanted to have a place to share my thoughts, and trivial day to day nonsense. But, much to my chagrin, I've turned my blog into something else entirely, I've tried way to hard to please everybody else... and I've failed miserably.

So here's my news. For the time being I'm done with blog carnival commitments, contests, and all that. My blog is going to continue to be wacky and creative some of the time, but other times my post might be tedious and dull. Sometimes I might participate in my favorite blog carnivals, but my blog is no longer going to be... the way it is now. (I'm sorry to say it, but that means A Blogger Scavenger Hunt is officially finished.)

My family has been having a bit of a stressful time this past month (we would appreciate prayer), and that is the main reason I've neglected my blog. But it's also made me start thinking. Posting on my blog is no longer fun, I've tried so hard to appeal to everybody (in a crazed attempt to gain more readers) that my blog has been, essentially, pointless. Sure, I've had some good posts, but for the most part things have gotten way out of hand.

This announcement might make me lose some readers, but (not to sound completely self-centered or anything) I don't really care. I would still love your opinions, and I would still love loyal readers, but I'm done with my version of pleasing everyone. Because it stinks.

No, this doesn't mean that I don't care what you guys think. What this means is, I'm done with my way of interpreting what everybody wants. My blog is going back to the way I originally intended it to be. And I'm unbelievably happy about that.

Thank you all so much for being the best readers, and the most amazing friends (you know who you are) that anyone could ask for.

If pictures are proof despite moments of stress and worry, obviously my life hasn't been tooooo bad lately...




Yes, I do still have a penchant for picnik.


5 comments:

Paris said...

that was very inspiring! sometimes I try to please people through blogger too, but I DID create my blog for me :)

kIaNa said...

That's cool!
To tell u the truth I never really was in2 all that blog carnival type stuff anyway:-)

~Prism~ said...

*hug* I know how you feel, so I totally understand. So often we (I'm probably first in that line)try to please people, but it never works out. Do what you feel is best, and let God's light shine through you!

I'll still stay a HUGE fan of your blog, missie!

God Bless,

Prism

MangyCat said...

I think it is very wise of you to make this choice. We have enough stressors in our lives without having to make new ones for ourselves. I'll still keep reading what you have to offer and, like someone else said, I wasn't really into the blog spam either. ;o)

I'd rather read YOUR thoughts and about what's going on with you than anything else--even if it is what you think is mundane, it's still interesting to us because we are interested in you! *hugs*

Bekah said...

Love your blog, Bryce!!
I know this is random, but I think you're SUPER pretty :D

Bekah