My family and I are leaving tomorrow for North Carolina. We're going to be doing quite a bit of traveling this summer. My favoritest little sister has been out of town for a couple of weeks now, visiting family. I can't wait to see her again! After picking Lyndsey up in NC we're heading to South Carolina to visit friends and to attend a speech and debate tournament. Then it's off to Alabama to visit more family before heading home for a short while. We'll only be home for about two weeks before heading back up to NC for a trip to the mountains.
I know it's been forever since I've actively posted on this blog. I really want to do better! For years I've loved having this blog, it's been a great tool. I love keeping up with people this way, and I love giving others a chance to do the same. Over the next few months (and even while we're out of town) I'm going to make a point to post updates on our summer. Pictures, and possibly even videos (or a vlog, though I've never tried that before). Basically I just want to slowly enter back into the blog world. Maybe not as actively as I've been in the past, but more so than I have been over the past months.
Even though I'm not doing ANY blog carnivals or such jazz, I'm not opposed to a little accountability. I've been making a point to start working out. Because, even though I'm not fat by any stretch of the imagination I'm not in shape (and as a child I was actually a bit of a pudge). My whole life (yep, all fifteen and 1/2 years of it) I haven't been particularly in to sports and such. As a family we've always been health nuts (or at least for as long as I can remember), eating organic foods, grinding our own wheat for bread, knowing all kinds of natural things pertaining to food and otherwise, so healthy eating really isn't my problem. But I've never really loved any kind of physical activity (sure, I liked playing all kinds of games and sports with friends and siblings, but I never really loved playing anything "seriously"). So, long story short, I've been trying to do better. I've found that I have more of an interest in sports than I thought I did. Volleyball is something I really want to learn to play, and I'm going to join a team at the beginning of the school year. For now I've started working out (as I said before). I've been a real regular on the elliptical and treadmill, and hopefully even after we head out of town that wont stop. I've also been on a "diet" of sorts. No dairy, grain, or sugar products, etc. I'm going to keep that up until the end of the month when I do a "master cleanse". This is a cleanse my mom did a couple summers ago. Lately I've been having a few medical issues (nothing serious, just hormonal things) and we're hoping this (the cleanse) will help me out (and I'm hoping I'll lose some weight by doing this whole thing). There you have it. Encouragement to keep at this would be wonderful.
Haven't you guys missed the way I just ramble on and on and on?
Anyway, I've got to go finish packing. We're heading out bright and early tomorrow morning, about 4:30am I think. Oh, mother, why must you torture us so...
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's exciting:-)
Can't wait to see pics!!!
Post a Comment