Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bring the Rain

I just have to take one moment to share a few things with you. Not sure how many of you have heard Mercy Me's song "Bring the Rain". Let me say this, if you haven't heard it, hear it! I have an idea that'll make it easy for ya.



Now watch that video. The lyrics are SO powerful. You have to really be strong in your faith in order to sing this song with real conviction. Take a look.

"Bring The Rain"

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty


Every time I feel down, every time I start to worry about my troubles, every time I feel like asking God "What's the point?", "Why aren't you answering?", or "Where are you right NOW?" I listen to that song. Of course I know the answer to those questions in me head. But sometimes believing them in your heart is a different story.

We live for God's glory.

He always hears our prayers and He always answers them, maybe not in the way we want, maybe even with silence, but He always does.

He is with us wherever we go. We can't hide from Him, we can't ran from Him, wherever we are He is.

But like everyone else I'm attacked with doubts and fears. This song has a mighty message.


One family that is personally struggling with this, and is taking this song to heart is the Smith family. Even through the loss of their daughter, Audrey, the family is clinging to their Saviour. Check out their blog and read the story, www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com



While reading the Smith's story make sure and listen too all of the songs coming from the awesome music player on the left sidebar. All of these really encourage me. Check them out along with this amazing family's story.



Lately when I listen to the songs that play on the Smith's blog (songs like, "All That I Can Say" David Crowder and "Glory" Selah, especially the song "Glory Baby" Watermark, along with others) I think of the Chapman family. I'm sure most of you know of the tragic loss this family has experienced. The death of Maria was terribly sad, the whole family, and most specifically Will, are in my family's prayers daily. But this was not a shocking turn of events to our Maker, not some unlucky chance. He will be there for the Chapman family in this moment.





Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him
and He will direct your path.
Proverbs 3:5-6






"How often do we learn patience through times of suffering? God makes no mistakes, yet His purposes are often too deep for afflicted men to comprehend. We must learn to trust Him explicitly, as One who does all things well. No circumstances are so dark that God's presence cannot make them light, and even in the most adverse circumstances, God can fill our hearts with overflowing joy."

Mrs. T.M. Constance





As I read these stories of amazing faith in the lives of ordinary people just like you and me, and as I listen to songs like "Bring the Rain", it really challenges me. Though I pray that nothing like what these two families are going through will ever happen to you or me, if it does will we be able to sing with all honesty,

"Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain"




I hope we all can.


No comments: