
The Beyond the Reflection's Edge contest was such fun to participate in! By the time the last week rolled around though, I was ready for it to be over. My family agreed with me. :D
Now I need to give credit where credit is due.
First off I SUPER HUGE thank you goes to my mom. Without her I never would have gotten anywhere in the contest. Worst of all, I would have given up at the end which is where it all played out for me personally.
Next I want to thank the rest of my family. My dad, both sets of grandparents, and my uncle. My aunt JJ gets a special thank you for helping me put up 60+ posters all in one day. She didn't even complain... much. Even though we almost got mugged it was worth it, right? ;)
My friends were so awesome, helping and encouraging me throughout this contest. Jade and Victoria. You both ROCK! Everyone else, I love you all so much!!! :)
Even some friends of my moms that I don't even know went around taking pictures for this contest. Thank you all.
I feel so blessed having people who care enough about me to run all over creation for what some would call a "silly" contest. Without all of you winning 2nd place wouldn't have been possible. I love you all! Becoming I character in one of Mr. Davis books means so much to me and you all understood that so well. I really don't deserve all of you wonderful people!
Also, I want to thank Mr. Davis. Because it was his contest after all and he worked super hard putting it all together. This was an amazing opportunity for your loving fans. Thanks so much for making this whole thing happen Mr. Davis!
Now I want to share some contest photos with you guys.

Here I am putting up just one of many posters.
The people here in Naples were so nice about letting me hang up my posters in their shops. Thank you all!

All throughout our road trip (which I will go into more detail on in my next post) my AWESOME mom was kind enough to stop at tons of Christian bookstores. All of the LifeWay and Family Christian store employees let me take their pictures. Some thought I was a tad strange but they all complied to my wishes. Thank you all so very much.

For every poster placed in a public place I got 5 points. We visited a lot of public places.
Just thought I'd note. I really like that shirt. :D

For every bookstore photo I received 10 points! We went to a lot of bookstores.

Every poster must have a picture of the book and tell where you can purchase it.

In order to get points for a bookstore picture you must.
* Find I bookstore that sells the book
* Ask the employee if they will take a picture with you
* Hold a copy of the book in your hand
* Write down or remember (if you have a good memory) the first name of the employee
* Write down or remember (if you have a REALLY good memory) the address of the store
* Send the picture along with all of the information to Mr. Davis
* Make sure to remind yourself that this is not as hard as it sounds!

In order to win I had to collect more points than the other participates by the end of the contest.

Besides putting up posters and taking bookstore photos other ways to get points included.
* Getting friends to take bookstore photos and to put up posters for you
* Answer quizzes about the book that Mr. Davis put up on his blog
* Getting friends to join the contest
* Passing out flyers about the book
* Posting positive online reviews about the book

* Buying the book or getting others to buy it (the HUGE point getter above was all because of my grandma, thank you Nannie!)
* And more!
Now I want to leave you with a funny contest experience. Thanks for taking the time to read about my time as a Beyond the Reflection's Edge contest participant. Now go check out some of Bryan Davis's books. :D
---------------------
"I wonder what is open at 10:30 pm?" My mom thought out loud. She does that a lot. From her place in the drivers seat she scanned the road ahead.
"Nothings open." My aunt moaned from where she was seated on the passengers side. "Maybe we should just go back home. We've been out for hours and I'm tired."
"Why don't we check that blockbuster over there?" I piped up from the backseat. "The other one earlier today let us put a poster up." Maybe this time they'll listen to me.
"Doesn't look like we have any other options." Mom answered making a u-turn before pulling into the dark parking area.
"This place looks freaky." Aunt JJ whined as my mom pulled up to the curb to let us out. "It's deserted!"
With a shake of my head at her childish behaviour I answered. "No it's not. Look at that man over there."
Walking slowly down the sidewalk about 10 feet away was a dirty looking man. "He looks like he's wearing a Darth Vader mask." I added.
"That's his hair." My mom calmly replied.
"What's that in his hand?" JJ murmured as my mom opened our mini-van's automatic sliding door and we both stepped out.
We were within a few steps of the blockbuster's door when my aunt realized the obvious.
"Look it's a cooler!" She practically shouted.
She had barely gotten the words out of her mouth when the man paused mid-step and spun around. He glared at us with a piercing gaze and seemed to clutch the handle of his bright blue cooler even tighter. We took another step toward the door. He didn't turn away, if anything he seemed to lean closer.
"Bryce," my aunt screamed. "I don't think we should check here."
Without giving me time to reply she turned on her heel and raced back toward the waiting car. Leaving my alone within a few feet of a homeless man who thought my presence threatened his cooler.
I didn't have much choice. As fast as I could I spun around and rushed after her.
We both jumped into the car and my aunt exclaimed. "Drive!"
My mom didn't need an explanation, she had witnessed the whole thing. A moment later she had pressed the "door close" button, put the vehicle in drive, and slammed her foot on the gas petal. We lurched forward. Sadly for me my mom had forgotten one important detail. The van must be in park in order for the door to close.
"Mom my door's not shut!" For once it was me screaming. "MY DOOR IS NOT SHUT!"
---------------------
So maybe this versions not entirely accurate. But it's my view of the incident and I'm sticking to it.
The truth of the matter is, yes we did almost get mugged at night while putting up posters for this contest. It happened twice actually, and once outside of blockbuster we were confronted by a homeless guy with a blue cooler. Yes, it was JJ's fault (her voice was just a tad too loud). And no, my aunt is not a whiny stuck up brat. That was just for the fun of the story... or most of it anyway. :D
Be back tomorrow to explore the ups and downs of our ROAD TRIP!

2 comments:
Lol, Twin, that's sounds scary. I was so glad that you won 2nd place! I just couldn't do all that, not after all that happened to my family in May. But I get 3 free books, so I'm good. =P You MUST tell me which book you're in!!
Thanks Shae! *hugs* I'm glad you got 3 free books! :) I'll tell you once I know... but Mr. Davis hasn't contacted me about the details yet... I'm excited/nervous!!!
Post a Comment