Saturday, September 12, 2009

Spinning, Spinning, Spinning...



"No wonder I'm dizzy, the world keeps spinning in circles."




I don't know about you, but at this moment in my life this quote feels very real to me. Really, one could spin (no pun intended) this quote in many ways. My life feels crazy right now, or more profoundly: this world is crazy right now. Sad, but oh so very true.



To go the first route, my life does feel insane at the moment. I'm a Sophomore in high school this year. My workload is insane, I have more "extra" activities than I think I was prepared for. Sometimes I wonder if I'll get by. I'm already starting to feel overwhelmed and I really don't want to get behind.


But all that seems so inconsequential when you think about route number two.


Our world is crazy at the moment. This country, or the world in general. It truly saddens me when I take a moment to analyze the variety of information thrown in our faces twenty-four seven. The state of this world is depressing. Just last night I was out to eat with my family and the Mexican place we went to had a news segment on homosexual people playing, and it showed just a little bit to much footage on the subject if you get what I mean.

This month the Planned Parenthood clinic here in my town is going to start servicing abortions for the first time in over 20 years.


Only few hours drive away from me is the largest city in America for human trafficking. And that's scary, because I could give you the names of and estimated numbers for cities all across America and you'd be scared to let your children out of your sight ever again.


All of the world people are dying. Be it here in in America (through abortion, or a living death of slavery), or be it in the Sudan, or hundreds of places. The very thought sickens me.


And then you get to the decline of normally excepted morality.


You don't know how many books, marketed toward children or teens, I've seen lately talking about the social issues of being lesbian as a child or teenager. About how hard it is to be lesbian, but how it's all okay because it's good to be different.


There's rampant teenage (or sadly even younger than that) sexual activity that results in unwanted pregnancies.


There is the more and more widely excepted view that "there are no absolutes".


Or you could get into the political world and start talking about health care or the national debt.


And so much more...


Seriously, how could you not take this quote to heart. I'm only fifteen and I know I feel it.


"No wonder I'm dizzy, the world keeps spinning in circles."

5 comments:

kIaNa said...

Wow, I'll have to remember that quote!

Riley said...

The world does seriously feel messed up, and it is, but I don't think its really any worse then its always been. It feels worse though, due to the fact that we can find out, and have thrust upon us, every bad thing that is happening in the entire world. When you begin to think about all the problems the whole world, or even just our country, is facing, it can be an overwhelming thought. I say its good to know whats happening around us, but we must be careful not to begin focusing our minds on the flaws of the world/country/state. Its a crazy world. It always will be. It always has been. Take it a day at a time.

The Reluctant Dragon said...

Once, just once, I went to the recommended for teens section on my library website.

Three-quarters of them were on themes of immorality, completely disgusting books. So blantantly.

It was kind of a slap in the face. It kind of is each time something like that is revealed to me.
So I cling to my Savior!

MangyCat said...

The world may be crazy, but that doesn't mean that God isn't in control. He's not wringing His hands in Heaven and wondering whatever should He do. ;o)

Do take heart, Twin. God's not worried. So you needn't be either. Stay on mission, and let God take care of the world.

Bekah said...

Oh my word, Bryce...I'm only TWELVE and I'm feeling it too.
It seems like on every website I go on there's some sort of bad thing. And, as the Reluctant Dragon said, UGH! I stay in the little kid section, 'cause I hate all the books in the teen, and it drives me crazy. I have to know EXACTLY what author/book title I'm looking for; NO browsing allowed at all in the teen section. *sighs and hugs you*