Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dragons!



I'm back! I know I haven't been posting. Bring out the mallet if you must! :)

Well I guess I should fill you in on the things that have happened since the last time I posted.

Number 1: I turned 14!!! Sorry I just had to put that one first. On Jan. 25th my twin brother and I celebrated one whole year of being "teenagers".

Number 2: I got my first cell phone (my twin bro got one too) and my first laptop for Christmas! Let's just say I was thrilled.

Number 3: Our house is up for sale!!! Yes it's true we are moving..... again. Though we will be leaving our house it is the hope of us kids that we won't leave Florida, at least not yet. Brasil does lurk on the hurizon but more about that later.

Number 4: We have started the adoption process. It all came about rather suddenly but their is a little girl waiting for us in Brasil, it is all up to the American government as of now but it is our prayer that we can get this child, if not God's will be done.

Number 5: Well I'm sure there is a number 5 but I can't think of it right now. All in all our family is going through a lot of changes right now as we follow God's will. The past couple weeks we have been sick (colds and such) but the flu has yet to come knocking on our door, and we pray it never will. We are also turning into a regular hotel with some guests having just left last Tuesday and some more coming in this Tuesday, more coming in the day they leave and more the day after those leave. We will have a full house until some time in March. I think everyone will clear out in time for Graham's b-day. Personally I like all this company..............


Well now that you have the update it is time for me to move on to the title of this post, Dragons! My writing habits are still going strong (check out my post below) and Josh and I are still regular bookworms. Some shocking news is Lyndsey is starting to like reading!!! She is reading Oliver Twist and doesn't want to put it down! She is staying up at night reading instead of watching a movie! Just had to say that before moving on.
In an earlier post I introduced you to the books written by a very talented author, Bryan Davis. Dragons in Our Midst and Orcles of Fire are two of my favorite book series and the fact that they are CHRISTIAN fantasy just makes them better. I am a active member of the message forum (www.dragonsinourmidst.com/forums) and because of this I have gotten to talk (well type) with Mr. Davis. This has lead to many things one of which is the fact that I have been a pre-reader of more than one of his fasinating books. Another thing that has come about because of this is Mr. Davis and some of his family are coming to speak to the bookclub I am part of along with some other kids who love his books or are interested in learning more about them. They arrive next Tuesday and let me tell you their coming is greatly anticipated not only by my family but by others I know.


So now you know why dragons are on my mind. These creatures fasinate me and that fasination has grown stronger the more books I read about them (another great series is the DragonKeeper Chronicles by Donita K. Paul, www.dragonkeeper.us). I have also learned about dragons and dinosuars today and in the past through my amazing science teacher Mrs. Catie Frates (www.catiefrates.com). This subject really interests me, maybe one day I will write a novel about it, maybe fantasy or maybe fiction. I guess I'll have to wait and see!

No comments: