Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Lyndsey!

Eleven years ago today, was a very special moment in my life. It was the day I officially became a big sister (sure, people can argue that I'm Josh's "big sister", but despite the fact that I'm 46 minutes older then him, we're still twins so it's not the same).

During the pregnancy my parents chose not to find out the gender. You might be surprised to find out that I had hoped the baby would be a boy. Why? I don't know. You'd think I would have wanted a little sister to worship and adore me. I guess my only experience as far as siblings had been with Josh, so maybe I was just longing for another brother to boss around. Who knows? But, what I got was far from my expectations. Instead I was at the hospital, along with the rest of the family, to welcome into the world, a little blond haired blue eyed baby girl who I wouldn't trade for anything.

The moment I laid eyes on my new little sister, Lyndsey, I loved her. All thoughts of a little boy flew from my mind. She was perfect.




Everyday I came to appreciate my little sister in new ways. I thanked God for the blessing of having her my life. The one plague I experienced? Instead of the "sissy" I longed for her to call me, she continuously persisted in calling me "mommy" and our mother "big mommy".




Now, she's one of my best friends. She's a confidant, someone to giggle with at night. One of the few people who understands my craziness, and is willing to listen and sympathize with all of my problems. She's a girlfriend with whom I can share anything. She offers me advice, and I return the favor (probably more than she would like). When I feel down, she's always there to lift me up.

Sure, we've had our arguments (and I've even experienced the reasons why I might have wanted a little brother instead... when you have more than one girl in the house, at times petty arguments have a way of ensuing), but I love her to death.


Happy birthday, Lyndsey Lu! I love you!




Her knack for entrancing babies so that they love her more than me does get on my nerves sometimes though...

2 comments:

Paris said...

I love that last pic. She's so pretty! 2day was my sister's b-day too (Madi)!

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I came across your blog and I think it's really cute.=) I like the background.