
WELL, last Monday I was so kind as to share with you that the blogger scavenger hunt would start sometime in the coming week.
As I'm sure most of you have figured out... I lied.
Of course I didn't lie on purpose, but lie I did, all the same.
Now with that off my chest, it brings me great pleasure to announce (no lies this time) that A Blogger Scavenger Hunt starts now.
That's right, if you're reading this, A Blogger Scavenger Hunt has begun!
It's 'bout time now isn't it?
**************************************
Alright, here's the list of participants. If I've missed anyone please let me know ASAP.
* Girl of Many Colors
* Paris
* Bookworm4God
* God's Soldier
* FrizzyDragon49
* ChristsButterfly
If you would still like to sign up it's not to late! Contact me as soon as possible either via comment on this post or via e-mail (twinforgod@comcast.net).
Continue telling your friends, the more the merrier!
Here's a list of those who have been entered into the drawing I promised. Remember, anyone who posts on their blog about this contest or puts the button on their sidebar (or both!) will be entered into a drawing to win one of the items in the prize pool. The drawing will not take place until after A Blogger Scavenger Hunt ends, so if you have done one of the above things (and are not yet on the list), or do one of them, just leave a comment and let me know!
* Paris- Posted on her blog
* Bookworm4God- Posted on her blog and posted the button on her sidebar
* HorseLuver- Posted the button on her sidebar
* Lauren Ann- Posted on her blog
* FrizzyDragon49- Posted on her blog and posted the button on her sidebar
* Zoe- Posted on her blog
**************************************
Now for a quick refresher of some of the general facts/requirements for A Blogger Scavenger Hunt.
1. You must have a blog. I'm sorry for those of you who don't, but there is just no getting around this one. A blog is a requirement for this contest.
2. Originally I told you that you had to complete all 10 of the things on the list of "activities". But I've changed my mind. Now the requirement is 5 things (though, the more you do the more points you're likely to receive).
3. Once you've completed all of the things on the list, or run out of time to do anymore, you compile all of your "evidence" and post it on your blog. Now, this is where a very important part of this contest comes in creativity. Trust me, that's a huge thing, I'll award a lot of points when it comes to that.
4. The person who receives the most points wins. Simple as that. And don't worry, I'll go over every little thing the winner did to earn their points, I'll outline it all for you, just to be fair.
5. Now, I don't want any of you guys to rush through this, since creativity is the thing that I'm looking for the most here... but the first, second, and third persons to finish everything on the list (which is not a requirement, remember) will get an extra 15, 10, or 5 points (depending on which one they are and on the quality of their post).
6. In general the way to earn points is this, for every item on the list that you complete to my satisfaction you will receive at least 5 points. But those who go above and beyond, or are super de duper creative, have the chance of earning even more per completed item.
7. As for prizes. The 1st place winner will receive 5 items of their choice from the prize pool and will get first prize pick, the person in 2nd place will receive 3 items of their choice and will get second prize pick, the 3rd place winner will receive 1 item.
I think I covered the basics there. If you have any questions about anything just ask. Send me an e-mail message (twinforgod@comcast.net) or leave me a comment. Either way I'll get back to you.
**************************************
Remember how I made a few changes in the list for those of you who wanted other options? Well, here is the new list of activities for A Blogger Scavenger Hunt, complete with the extra options. Keep in mind, you are only required to complete 5 things on the list, though you can complete all 10 (also, you only do one activity for each number, either the alternant or the original, not both).
New Activity List For A Blogger Scavenger Hunt:
1) A picture of a child/person/pet doing something that you didn’t expect them to do or that they weren’t supposed to be doing- something random that you DID NOT plan or stage. Something messy, crazy, wacky, and possibly even dangerous. A picture of one of those moments that you freak out about initially, but that you laugh about later. (SIDE NOTE: I'm not going to change this one because I think it's easy enough. I will make one thing clear though, this doesn't have to be new. Like, if you already have a photo that fits this description and would like to use it feel free, you don't have to take a new one.)
2) The story behind picture # 1. (SIDE NOTE: Not going to change this one either, you don't have to write a LONG story if you don't want to, I just want to know what was happening in your photo.)
3) A book of some kind that is OVER 600 pages long. More literally a PICTURE or VIDEO that YOU took of a book this long. (SIDE NOTE: I'm not changing this one either, it's honestly not hard to find I book of this length. Number one, the video part is completely optional, I just want some kind of proof that you actually found the book.)
4) A brief synopsis of the above 600 word or more book. (SIDE NOTE: Again, I'm not changing this. You don't have to read the book. Just read the back if you want. I just want to know what it's about. Not hard, I promise.)
5) The link to a specific post on a blog where your name/blog is mentioned. THIS BLOG CAN NOT BE YOUR OWN. (SIDE NOTE: Again, I'm not changing this. It's not hard at all. I mean, I've mentioned a bunch of you guys (though I'd prefer you use someone besides me, you can use me if you have to) and I'm sure you all have friends who wouldn't mind mentioning you for the sake of this contest. Not hard, really.)
6) The highest stack of… something. Well, this one is EXTREMELY general. All you have to do is make a stack of SOMETHING (that’s right anything you want) as high as you can (because you want yours to be higher than ANY OTHER CONTESTANTS). Video and/or picture proof is necessary. The more proof you have, the easy it’ll be to judge who wins the contest of height. (SIDE NOTE: You do not have to have a video, I just need proof. And I do admit that this one can be a bit tedious, so, I'll offer a compromise for those of you who want it.)
Alternant 6) A picture that you've taken in the past or that you found somewhere (like google) of the highest stack of something. (SIDE NOTE: Just like the original, only now, you don't have to do the work. :D)
7) A picture of any ITEM that has been mentioned in this blog AT LEAST twice. You must post a picture that YOU TOOK of the item, preferably with you in it. You must also post links to the posts on this blog that the item was mentioned in. (SIDE NOTE: Though I refuse to think this is hard at all, since it's not, I will offer you a compromise.)
Alternant 7) A picture of any item I've ever mentioned on this blog. You don't have to be the one to have taken the picture. (SIDE NOTE: See, this is getting easier.)
8) A picture of yourself that mimics a picture that I have posted of myself on this blog. YOU can post a PICTURE that MIMICS ANY picture of ME that I have posted ANYWHERE on THIS BLOG. (SIDE NOTE: Though I know I should, I refuse to change this. It's not that hard. There are tons of pictures that are easily mimicked, and this one is just too much fun! I will change one thing though, it doesn't have to be a picture of me, it can be any picture I've posted no matter who it's of.)
9) Post the links to THREE other blogs that you read and enjoy. Tell us a little bit about them and WHY you enjoy them. (SIDE NOTE: This is in no way hard. You don't have to give me a detailed paper on each of them, just tell me in a few sentences why you like them.)
10) Compare me and you with the following questions. You must find all the answers to the questions about me by yourself, somewhere on my blog. When you post fill out the answers for ME and YOU. (Tip for completion: You are not REQUIRED to fill out the answers for yourself, only for ME. You just receive extra points for COMPARING us.)
· Name?
· Age?
· Number of siblings?
· Any pets?
· What state do I live in?
· What are a few of my passions in life?
· What is ONE fun fact about me? (one fact is required, any extra facts that you list will count toward more points.)
(SIDE NOTE: Don't worry, I'm offering a compromise on this one...)
Alternant 10) List one random fact about me that also describes yourself. (SIDE NOTE: Easier or harder? :P)
One more thing I want to add. You are not required to be in any of the pictures, I know some people aren't allowed to post pictures of themselves on their blogs and I completely respect that. BUT if you can, I would like it if you were in at least some of the photos.
**************************************
And just 'cause I know you want to look, again, here's a peek at the prize pool!
· Dana’s Valley by Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan
· Enoch by Alton Gansky
· Isolation by Travis Thrasher
· Double Identity by Margaret Peterson Haddix
· True Believer by Nicholas Sparks
· In the Shadow of Lions by Ginger Garrett
· Candy Bombers by Robert Elmer
· A Friend At Midnight by Caroline B. Cooney
· Beyond Reach by Melody Carlson
· Gatekeepers by Robert Liparulo
· The Missing by Thomas Eidson
· Shortcuts by Sigmund Brouwer
· Beyond the Reflection’s Edge by Bryan Davis
**************************************
Here are the links to all of my previous posts on A Blogger Scavenger Hunt for those of you are are a bit confused.
Original post
Update 1
Update 2
Update 3
**************************************
Now, I think I've covered just about everything, but if I've missed something, or if you guys just have some questions or suggestions, leave a comment here or shoot me an e-mail (twinforgod@comcast.net).
One last thing. Some of you might be wondering how much time you have. Well, I don't have an official end date yet, but I know for sure (unless all of you finish up super quick) that this contest will still be in full swing at the end of the month, probably longer.
It all depends on how you guys do. So get going!
Oh, and if you want to be really nice, post updates on how you're doing in the contest on your blogs, or send me a message/comment. I want to know how it's going!
Let the games begin!

5 comments:
Coolies! This should be fun...
Oh, I posted about the contest on my blog and the blog button is in my sidebar...
Does all of the evidence need to be in one post????
God Bless,
Prism
I know this might be a late start but do you think i could start, it's spring break so i think i'll have time! =)
I forgot to mention before, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to participate because I'll be leaving for India next week... Just a head's up. I don't think I'll have internet access, but if I do it will be pretty limited...
*squirms* Counting the days! I just cannot wait!
@Live4him- Of course you can! I'll add you to the official list. :)
@Prism- Alright, I'll add you to the list.
No, if you have way to much evidence or would like to post it sporadically it is perfectly fine to have more than one post. Just make sure I know about all of them to I can tally your points correctly.
That's awesome!! I know your family must be super excited! And don't worry about it, do what you can while you're there, and post it all when you get back (I'm not sure how long you'll be there, but there is a good chance that the contest will still be going when you get back).
Thank you!
I'm going to post my first bit tomorrow, and I'll update you when I can post more.
We'll be back on the 19th, but I may take couple of days to recover from the jet lag...
Post a Comment